#93 – Inside Our Industry – BlueOval City – Ford’s Commitment to EVsPosted on
BlueOval City – Ford’s Commitment to EVs
Preparation is well underway at Ford’s BlueOval City in Haywood County, Tennessee, and represents Ford’s commitment to electric vehicle production. Site work is ongoing and ground-breaking is expected later this year. Following are some facts about the new development:
- BlueOval City will be constructed on a nearly 6-square-mile site in west Tennessee and build next-generation electric F-Series pickups and advanced batteries
- BlueOval City will become a vertically integrated ecosystem for Ford to assemble an expanded lineup of electric F-Series vehicles and will include a BlueOval SK battery plant, key suppliers and recycling.
- A new BlueOval SK Battery Park is to be built in central Kentucky consisting of twin battery plants that will power a new lineup of Ford and Lincoln EVs
- Ford and SK Innovation plan to invest $11.4 billion and create nearly 11,000 new jobs – close to 6,000 in Stanton, Tennessee, and 5,000 in Glendale, Kentucky; production of the new electric vehicles and advanced lithium-ion batteries will begin in 2025
- Three new BlueOval SK battery plants – two in Kentucky and one in Tennessee – will enable 129 gigawatt hours a year of U.S. production capacity for Ford