#733 – Park “Tops” Santa’s Merry MarketplacePosted on
We look forward every year to seeing the latest addition and improvements being made at Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World became one of our favorite places back when we began our research for Boomtown USA – The 71/2 Keys to Big Success in Small Towns in the early 2000s. It remains so today. Below is the release on what is new at Holiday World for the 2019 season.
Park “Tops” Santa’s Merry Marketplace
Santa Claus, IN – April 4, 2019, Paula Werne
The tower at Holiday World’s new Santa’s Merry Marketplace is now complete.
This morning, in a “topping ceremony,” a 10-story crane lifted the top half of the nearly six-story tower into place.
“In the theme-park industry, we like to celebrate placing the highest piece of a new ride or building into place,” says the park’s president, Matt Eckert. “Today’s ceremony also marks the start of the one-month countdown to the Opening Day of our 73rd season.”
Santa’s Merry Marketplace is part of the park’s investment of $5.5 million for the 2019 season, including:
- Santa’s Merry Marketplace, with five serving stations offering varying menus, plus Candy Cane Confectionary, Sugarplum Scoop Shoppe, and the Polar Expresso
- New “Kids World” event for five weekends starting in mid-August
- Track improvements to 720 feet of The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
- On-ride photos for Gobbler Getaway dark ride
- Candy Cornucopia store and Dippin’ Dots Sundae Shop in the Thanksgiving section
- Four additional Cabanas
“With Santa’s Merry Marketplace, we’ll start a new tradition at Holiday World, as Santa Claus greets park Guests each morning from the tower’s balcony,” says Eckert. “We also preserved our iconic Santa murals from the past restaurant to help decorate Santa’s Merry Marketplace.”
Holiday World opens for the season on May 4 and Splashin’ Safari’s opening day is the following weekend.
Learn more about Holiday World at www.holidayworld.com. Now is the perfect time to plan a visit with your family!