#663 – Holiday World Continues to GrowNov 28, 2017
Holiday World Continues to Grow
One of our favorite places to come from our research for Boomtown USA has to be Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana. Every summer, the small town of Santa Claus, with a population of just under 2,500, is visited by more than 1 million guests coming from all over the Midwest to visit the holiday-themed park. In order to keep those guests coming, Holiday World invests millions to keep the park top-of-mind for summer travelers. Following is the most recent announcement of new things to come for Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari.
SANTA CLAUS, IND.—–Christmas comes early in the town of Santa Claus as Holiday World announces a package full of goodies for their 2018 season.
“We’re adding a fun elephant-themed water-play area for younger children,” says park president Matt Eckert. “When we discovered the Swahili word for elephant is Tembo, we named our new slide complex Tembo Falls and the junior wave pool Tembo Tides.”
Holiday World will invest a total of $3.5 million in new attractions and other improvements for 2018, including:
- Tembo Falls – a water slide complex with eight junior slides, including twisters, a helix, a mini-bowl, and two racing slides
- Tembo Tides – a junior wave pool plus spray features for younger children
- Huge Themed Maze for Happy Halloween Weekends
- All new entertainment, including a stunt show, musical magic show, and strolling brass band
- Track improvements for The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
- Riverside Retreats – mini cabanas in Splashin’ Safari
- Electric Car Charging Station
Click here to learn more about Holiday World!