#607 – Southern Automotive AlliancePosted on
Southern Automotive Alliance
The Premier Issue of the Southern Automotive Alliance (Fall 2016) magazine came across my desk this week. What a great publication, chock full of great information for anyone with any sort of tie to the auto industry.
One section in particular caught our eye and we want to share it with you…
Industry Indicators – By the Numbers
- 633,347 – Number of vehicles assembled during 2015 at Nissan Smyrna in Tennessee, making it the most productive in North America. (tnecd.com)
- 21 – Number of football fields that could fit on the roof of the Volvo distribution center in Byhalia, Mississippi. (commercialappeal.com)
- 43,000 – Responses received in 30 days when Kia began accepting applications for employment at its Georgia plant in 2008. (selectgeorgia.com)
- 1,400 – Number of vehicles produced by BMW’s Spartanburg, South Carolina facility each day. (bmwusfactory.com)
- $27.1 billion – Annual economic impact of the automobile manufacturing industry in South Carolina. (scautomotivecouncil.com)
- 76 – Number of countries to which vehicles were exported from Alabama in 2015. (madeinalabama.com)
- 50% – Percentage of U.S. motor vehicle-related establishments within 500 miles of Kentucky. (kyautoindustry.com)
- 6,800+ – Number of jobs created by Georgia’s 25 automotive-related locations and expansions between 2009-2014. (selectgeorgia.com)
- 64% – Increase in Tennessee automotive exports between 2010 and 2015. (tnecd.com)
Wow! Those are some impressive numbers! We are excited to be doing business in the south and look forward to helping add to those numbers. Thank you, Southern Automotive Alliance, for putting this information together. We look forward to your next issue!