#411. A Little Good NewsPosted on
A Little Good News
As we wind down the year, we looked for a little good news to share with our Agurban readers. Sure, there’s plenty of bad news out there too, but in the spirit of the season, we just want to focus on the good!
- The latest U.S. unemployment rate of 7.7% is the lowest level since 2008; 146,000 jobs were added in November.
- Job growth in the technology sector outpaced the rest of the economy three to one.
- U.S. productivity grew at an annual rate of 2.9% from July to September 2012, the fastest pace in two years.
- Apple is investing $100 million to build one of its Mac line of computers excludievely in the United States in 2013.
- The U.S. is closesr to being a major natural gas exporter.
- Americans saw some of the lowest gasoline prices since January.
- The U.S. still commands about 20% of global manufacturing.
- Manufacturing employment has been growing steadily in the United States for nearly two years.
- The US is the world’s biggest economy.
The New Year is sure to be full of unknowns. But one thing is for certain: We live in the greatest nation in the world, with freedoms and opportunities that we must not take for granted. That’s the best news!