#135. The Ten Commandments of Community LeadershipPosted on | The Agurban
The Ten Commandments of Community Leadership
“The Ten Commandments of Community Leadership” is Maury Forman’s newest book, which he co- authored with Michelle Harvey of the Association of Washington Cities. Maury is the Director of Education and Training for the Department of Community Trade and Economic Development. He has received numerous awards for his outstanding contributions in educational advancement. This is his ninth book on economic development and one that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Each of his new ten commandments has a number of sub-headings with ideas and tools that relate to that commandment:
- * Thou shalt create a vision for the future
- * Thou shalt develop a strategic plan
- * Thou shalt build a sustainable economy for the next generation
- * Thou shalt seek public/private partnerships
- * Thou shalt invest in education and training
- * Thou shalt promote respect
- * Thou shalt demonstrate a high standard of ethical behavior
- * Thou shalt value history, art and culture
- * Thou shalt prepare for a global environment
- * Thou shalt develop future leaders
Maury and Michelle’s book is one that many ED professionals are going to want to buy for their boards and allies. To order contact Linda Alongi at LindaA@cted.wa.gov or 360-725-4031. Cost is $10.